Wintter & Associates, P.A.: Florida Estate, Trust, and Probate Administration and Litigation
Wintter & Associates, P.A. is an established, reputable trust and estate law firm serving South Florida. Legal issues surrounding trusts and estates are critically important in their execution, yet few lawyers have the expertise and qualifications to handle this specific branch of law. Our Florida wills and trusts lawyers not only have the required knowledge and experience, they are also seasoned trial lawyers, which means you will get knowledgeable legal representation for any of your trust and estate issues, including trust administration, trust litigation, probate administration, probate litigation, guardianship administration, and guardianship litigation.
When you work with the wills and trusts attorneys at Wintter & Associates, you can rest assured that you are getting first-rate experience and capability, as well as an unyielding commitment to legal ethics. In fact, Christopher Q. Wintter, Esq., is one of fewer than 340 lawyers in the state of Florida Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts, and Estates. He was selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers in 2011, 2012 and 2014, and has received the AV Preeminent Rating with LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell, the highest recognition for legal capability and staunch adherence to legal ethics. Wintter & Associates is well respected by colleagues, competitors, adversaries, and judges.
Ensure the Legality of the Tasks at Hand: A Florida Probate Lawyer Can Walk You through the Complicated Process of Probate Administration
Florida Probate Administration is a specialized practice area involving the post death administration and transfer of assets according to a person’s Last Will and Testament or under Florida’s laws of intestate distribution.When someone creates a Last Will and Testament, they divide their property and assets among heirs and beneficiaries. They also appoint a personal representative to oversee the administration of the will and the division of property. Probate administration is extremely complicated and can cause untold difficulties for an inexperienced representative. In some cases, it may even expose them to the possibility of a lawsuit.
Our probate attorneys help personal representatives through the complex process of probate administration, guiding them through every detail so they can avoid financial and legal mistakes. Above all, our goal is to protect the assets and provide for the best interests of the beneficiaries. Our probate lawyers handle all aspects of the administration of a decedent’s estate, including:
* Notifying and satisfying the decedent’s creditors * Implementing procedures to avoid and limit a will contest or other litigation * Protecting the assets of the estate * Evaluating issues concerning exempt property, family allowance, and elective share benefits * Evaluating and discussing opportunities to minimize estate taxes * Preparing and filing complex tax returns * Distributing assets * Preparing the final accounting of the personal representative and obtaining receipts and releases so he or she is discharged and not later sued
Details of Trust Administration are Numerous and Complex; Our Trusts & Estate Lawyers Can Simplify the Process for You
A trust divides property and assets among beneficiaries and heirs, but it can be implemented before the grantor’s death. Like probate administration, trust administration is subject to a highly complex set of laws and regulations, and it can be easy for an inexperienced Trustee to make a serious mistake. The trusts & estate lawyers at Wintter & Associates are well-versed with the requirements of trust administration and can provide personalized legal counsel for anyone seeking help in dividing property and ensuring that the stipulations of a trust are met.
Wintter & Associates takes great care to protect and carry out the terms of a trust, thus preventing trust litigation. Our goal is to protect the assets and the best interests of the beneficiaries. Our trusts and estate lawyers handle all aspects of the administration of Florida Trusts, including:
* Implementing procedures to avoid and limit the possibility of trust litigation * Protecting the assets of the Trust * Evaluating issues concerning discretionary distributions * Evaluating and discussing opportunities to minimize taxes * Preparing and filing taxes * Distributing assets * Preparing the final accounting of the Trustee and obtaining receipts and releases so that he or she is discharged and not later sued
Wintter & Associates Helps Beneficiaries through the Financial and Emotional Toll of Florida Probate Litigation
Without proper probate administration, a will can be contested. There are a number of reasons a will may be contested, including lack of mental capacity to sign a Last Will and Testament, undue influence to sign the will, or the will not being properly signed and witnessed in accordance with Florida law. Whenever a will is contested, it can be costly and emotionally draining, especially since resolving probate issues is such a complex legal issue. A variety of issues may warrant the filing of a lawsuit, including but not limited to:
* Actions concerning the misuse and abuse of a power of attorney * The fraudulent procurement of lifetime transfers of property * The breach of a close and confidential relationship by an attorney or other fiduciary * Allegations of elder abuse or allegations that a friend or family member wrongfully turned an elderly person against his or her loved ones
If you and your family are dealing with a contested will, our experienced probate attorneys will work diligently to resolve the issue quickly and effectively. No matter the cause of the dispute, we are committed to an ethical resolution that protects the last wishes of the decedent and the best interests of the beneficiaries.
Are You in a Dispute Regarding a Will or Trust? Trust Litigation with Wintter & Associates Protects Your Interests
Unfortunately, even when someone has specified how they wish their property to be divided, there can be a dispute which creates a difficult and costly situation for family members and beneficiaries. A trust can be disputed based on a number of issues, including questions about the mental stability of the person who made the trust, someone else’s significant financial holdings in a business, bankruptcy, annulment, and previous legal cases, among others.
When you are going through a trust dispute, you need an attorney who has experience with trust law and has a proven track record as a trial lawyer. Christopher Q. Wintter and his trust litigation team have litigated a wide range of cases in Florida, including:
* Trust contests * Claims of lack of capacity * Claims of undue influence * Elective share issues * Tax apportionment issues * Claims of forgery * Actions by and against trustees for breach of fiduciary duty, removal, and surcharge * Objections to, and the defense of, trust accountings * Petitions to determine entitlement to trust distributions * Actions to recover property on behalf of a trust taken in violation of the terms of the Trust
To Best Help Your Vulnerable Loved One, Contact Our Attorneys for Guardianship Administration
When a loved one is unable to care for themselves physically or financially, it may be time to consider guardianship. Whether you are seeking guardianship for a minor or an infirm adult, it is a complicated legal process and specialized practice area requiring a qualified practitioner of guardianship administration. Nina Zuckerman Chepp is a well-qualified and experienced guardianship lawyer who will guide you through the entire process. We understand that it can be difficult to take on full-time responsibility for a loved one, especially an incapacitated parent or elderly relative. We can help you find appropriate residential living arrangements for your relative and assist you in making decisions about medical care, caregivers, and finances. Our Florida guardianship administration services also include:
* Petitioning the court for the appointment of a guardian * Attending the incapacity hearing * Designating a restricted depository * Preparing an inventory of the Ward’s assets * Managing the Ward’s assets * Preparing the initial and annual accounting * Filing tax returns * Establishing a monthly budget * Ensuring the Guardian carries out his or her duties and responsibilities
When Guardianship Is Contested, Rely on Wintter & Associates for Ethical Guardianship Litigation in Florida
Guardianship may be contested when family members or other concerned adults feel that their loved one’s needs are not being sufficiently addressed. Because someone’s best interests and well-being are at stake, if you are going through a guardianship dispute in South Florida, it is imperative that you hire a guardianship lawyer who can accurately assess the situation and help the courts to arrive at an ethical solution in a timely manner. At Wintter & Associates, our lawyers handle guardianship litigation of all types, including challenges springing from emotional or physical abuse and financial exploitation. You can rely on our expertise to protect and defend your loved one’s well-being. Guardianship litigation may necessitate the following:
* Petitioning for the appointment of a Guardian * Opposing the appointment of a Guardian * Seeking the removal of a Guardian because of financial abuse, emotional abuse, or failure to properly care for the Ward * Recovering damages from Guardians who have hurt the Ward
Wintter & Associates Offers Comprehensive Florida Estate Planning Of All Types
Every responsible adult, no matter how great or small their estate, should have a distribution plan for their assets in the event of their death. As a Board Certified Florida Wills, Trusts, and Estates lawyer, Christopher Q. Wintter has the experience to assist you with all of your estate planning needs, including:
* Wills and living trusts * Irrevocable life insurance trusts * Personal residence trusts and other grantor retained interest trusts * Educational trusts and related family trust planning * Premarital and post-marital agreements * Business and succession planning
By making provisions for your estate now, you can save your family and business associates much stress down the road. Our estate planning attorneys in Hollywood can provide you with the assistance you need and make it a stress-free experience for you, as well.
Call Wintter & Associates, P.A. Trust and Estate Law Firm to Discuss How We Can Serve You in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Palm Beach, Boca Raton, and Hollywood
Wintter & Associates, P.A. provides experience in the specialized area of law that is needed for Florida trust and estate matters. Christopher Q. Wintter, Esq. and his legal team provide thorough, ethical solutions that will serve you and your family now and into the future. To schedule a consultation, call our office at 954.920.7014 (Hollywood), 305.948.6788 (Miami-Dade), or 561.470.3448 (West Palm Beach & Boca Raton). If you would like for us to contact you, fill out our online form, and we will respond promptly.
*Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.