Wintter & Associates, P.A., Attorneys and Counselors at Law
When you need a skilled and experienced wills, trusts, and estates lawyer in South Florida, you can rely on the attorneys at Wintter & Associates. Wills, trusts, and estate law is a highly specialized branch of law, and few attorneys in the state are truly qualified to deal with these issues. When you work with Wintter Law, however, you are getting a wills and trusts lawyer who is also an experienced trial lawyer, meaning the best possible legal counsel for your estate issues, including probate, trust, and guardianship administration, probate, trust and guardianship litigation, and estate planning.
The firm is headed by Christopher Q. Wintter, one of only 350 attorneys in the state to be Board Certified in Wills, Trusts, and Estates by the Florida Bar. He has received the AV Preeminent Rating from LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell in recognition of his superior courtroom ability and adherence to legal ethics. In addition, he was included in Florida Super Lawyers 2011 – 2012, 2014 – 2017.
When You Need Probate Administration, Wintter & Associates Can Help You Through the Complex Procedure
Probate administration, or the implementation of a Last Will and Testament and the distribution of the assets of the decedent, is a highly complicated procedure. When a person creates a will, he or she also names a personal representative to oversee the implementation of the will. Unfortunately, for the inexperienced representative, this can be extremely difficult and can even lead to the possibility of a lawsuit. We recommend that every personal representative charged with overseeing a will hire a Boca Raton probate lawyer to make sure that no detail goes overlooked.
At Wintter & Associates, we will help you with every detail of your probate administration so that you can avoid costly financial and legal mistakes. Our services include:
- Establishing procedures to reduce the risk of litigation
- Contacting the decedent’s creditors
- Appraising and helping to reduce estate taxes
- Assessing issues regarding family allowances, tax exemptions, and elective share benefits
- Filing taxes
- Distributing assets
- Doing the final accounting for the personal representative to ensure that he or she is not later hit with a lawsuit
In short, for a personal representative, hiring a wills attorney in Palm Beach is perhaps the best financial decision one could make. In all things, we aim to protect the assets in the will, work for the best interests of the beneficiaries, and follow the last wishes of the deceased.
Wintter & Associates – A Reliable Firm for Trust Administration
A trust is similar to a will in that it distributes a grantor’s property among the heirs and beneficiaries. However, unlike a will, it can be implemented before the grantor’s death. Each grantor names a trustee to oversee the implementation of the trust and distribution of the assets; however, for the inexperienced trustee, it is easy to make serious legal and financial mistakes. A Palm Beach wills and trusts lawyer can guide the trustee through the administration of the trust, guaranteeing that the specifications of the trust are carried out and protecting the trustee from future litigation. Our services include:
- Assessing discretionary distributions
- Helping to minimize taxes
- Preparing and filing taxes
- Distributing the assets
- Doing all final accounting for the trustee, including getting receipts and releases
In all things, the ultimate aim of our attorneys is to protect the assets, the best interests of the beneficiaries, and the wishes of the grantor.
If You Are Seeking Guardianship, Our Attorneys Are Highly Experienced with Guardianship Administration
If your loved one is unable to care for himself or herself due to age or illness, or if you are trying to care for a minor, you may be seeking guardianship. However, guardianship is a complicated legal process and requires the expertise of a qualified attorney. A guardianship lawyer at Wintter and Associates will guide you through the administrative process from beginning to end. Our services include:
- Petitions for guardianship
- Attending incapacity hearings
- Preparing a financial and property inventory
- Helping the manage the ward’s property
- Helping to find a residence for the ward
- Helping to make medical, social, and financial decisions
- Creating a monthly budget
- Preparing and filing taxes
- Doing initial and annual accounting work
In all our guardianship services, we aim first and foremost to ensure that the guardian carries out his or her responsibilities and to protect the health and well-being of the ward.
When You Are Dealing with Palm Beach Probate Litigation, Contact Wintter & Associates
Unfortunately, wills are sometimes contested because of circumstances surrounding the creation of the will. A probate lawyer at Wintter & Associates can handle probate litigation stemming from a variety of these issues, including:
- Allegations of undue influence over the deceased
- Failure to sign a will in the presence of two witnesses in compliance with Florida law
- Mental incapacity on the part of the creator of the will
In addition, lawsuits can also arise over the improper administration of a will or distribution of assets. A probate attorney at the Boca Raton firm of Wintter & Associates can provide financial counsel for lawsuits regarding:
- The misuse or abuse of power of attorney
- The abuse of a close relationship with the deceased on the part of an attorney or fiduciary
- Lifetime transfers of property obtained fraudulently
- Accusations of elder abuse
- Accusations that a caregiver turned the deceased against his or her family members
No matter what is the primary issue in the dispute of the will, our ultimate goal at Wintter & Associates is to come to an ethical resolution that protects the property and assets and respects the final wishes of the deceased.
Hiring a Palm Beach Probate Attorney Makes Trust Litigation Easier for Everyone Concerned
Unfortunately, there are often disputes that arise over the creation and administration of a trust. This can create huge problems for all parties involved, including the trustee, grantor, and beneficiaries. Fortunately, when you work with Wintter & Associates, our high level of expertise can make the process smoother. We handle trust litigation stemming from a variety of issues, including
- Contested trusts
- Problems with elective shares
- Disputes over tax distribution
- Allegation of undue influence
- Allegations of mental incapacity
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Actions to have a trustee removed
- Disputes over trust accounting
- Petitions to entitlement of assets
- Lawsuits to recover property lost during the improper administration of a trust
In all trust litigation issues, our main goal is to help you come to a just resolution more quickly and effectively while still protecting the assets and the wishes of the grantor.
Guardianship Litigation Often Exacts an Emotional Toll – Wintter & Associates Helps You Through the Process
Guardianships can be challenged when a family member feels that their loved one’s health or best interests are not being cared for properly. When disputes regarding guardianship arise, it is important to come to a solution quickly, since someone’s well-being is riding on this important legal decision. At Wintter & Associates, our vast experience with guardianship law means that we are able to guide you through this process and protect the interests of the ward. A guardianship lawyer with Wintter & Associates can handle all issues surrounding guardianship litigation, including:
- Petitions for guardianship
- Challenges to or opposition of appointed guardians
- Allegations of physical, emotional, or financial abuse on the part of the guardian
- Lawsuits to recover damages from guardians who have harmed the ward
When you need a timely legal outcome that ensures your loved one’s best interests, you can rely on Wintter & Associates.
When You Need an Estate Planning Attorney in Palm Beach, Wintter & Associates Has the Expertise
It is very important for every adult, no matter how large or small their estate, to have a plan for the distribution of their assets in the event of their death. Not only is this important for your own financial safety, it is important for the financial and emotional well-being of your loved ones. As a Board Certified Florida estate planning lawyer, Christopher Q. Wintter has the expertise to help you with all aspects of estate planning, including:
- Wills and living trusts
- Business and succession plans
- Personal residence trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Educational trusts and other types of family trusts
- Premarital and post-marital agreements
An estate planning attorney at the Florida firm of Wintter & Associates can give you and your loved ones peace of mind regarding your finances, and they can make the planning process a smooth, stress-free process, as well.
Call Wintter & Associates, P.A. Trust and Estate Law Firm to Discuss How We Can Serve You in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Palm Beach, Boca Raton, and Hollywood
Wintter & Associates, P.A. provides experience in the specialized area of law that is needed for Florida trust and estate matters. Attorney Christopher Q. Wintter, Esq. and his legal team provide thorough, ethical solutions that will serve you and your family now and into the future. To schedule a consultation, call our office at 954.920.7014 (Hollywood), 305.948.6788 (Miami-Dade), or 561.470.3448 (Boca Raton). If you would like for us to contact you, fill out our online form, and we will respond promptly.
*Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.